Melbourne Business School
University of Melbourne
200 Leicester st, Carlton,
Phone +61 9349 8184
I am an assistant professor at the Melbourne Business School, affiliated to the University of Melbourne.
My research interests include revenue management, transportation problems, pricing optimization, and more recently, the analysis of quantitative models of consumer behaviour under social influence.
Supply Chain Analytics, Master in Business Analytics - Melbourne Business School (2015-)
Optimisation and Decision Making, Master in Business Analytics - Melbourne Business School (2015-)
Operations Management, Part time MBA - Melbourne Business School (2012-)
Operations Management, Full time MBA - Melbourne Business School (2013-)
Work in progress or under review
Publications in journals
- Pricing Policies for Selling Indivisible Storable Goods to Strategic Consumers. Annals of Operations Research, forthcoming (pdf).
(A 1-page abstract of an earlier version of this paper was published in the proceedings of the 11th conference on Web and Internet Economics (WINE) 2015, page 431) (with Gautam Rayaprolu and Adrian Vetta)
- Popularity signals in trial-offer markets with social influence and position bias. European Journal of Operational Research. 266(2):775-793, 2018. (pdf) (with Felipe Maldonado, Pascal Van Hentenryck and Franco Berbeglia)
- Transient Dynamics in Trial-Offer Markets with Social Influence: Trade-offs between Appeal and Quality. PLOS ONE 12(7):e0180040, 2017. (with Edgar Altszyler, Franco Berbeglia and Pascal Van Hentenryck)
- Discrete choice models based on random walks . Operations Research Letters, 44:234-237, 2016.
Assortment optimization under a multinomial logit model with position bias and social influence . 4OR, 14(1):57-75, 2016.
(pdf) (with Andres Abeliuk, Manuel Cebrian and Pascal Van Hentenryck)
Bargaining mechanisms for one-way games . Games, 6(3):347-367, 2015.
(A shorter version of this paper was published in the proceedings of the 24th International Joint Conference in Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI) 2015)
(with Andres Abeliuk and Pascal Van Hentenryck)
The benefits of social influence in optimized cultural markets. PLOS ONE, 10(4):e0121934, 2015.
(with Andrés Abeliuk, Manuel Cebrian and Pascal Van Hentenryck)
Feasibility of the pickup and delivery problem with fixed partial routes: A complexity analysis. Transportation Science, 46:359-373, 2012.
(with Gilles Pesant and Louis-Martin Rousseau)
A hybrid tabu search and constraint programming algorithm for the dynamic dial-a-ride problem. INFORMS Journal on Computing, 24:343-355, 2012.
(with Jean-François Cordeau and Gilbert Laporte)
Checking the feasibility of dial-a-ride instances using constraint programming. Transportation Science, 45:399-412, 2011.
(with Gilles Pesant and Louis-Martin Rousseau)
- Dynamic Pickup and Delivery Problems.
European Journal of Operational Research, 202:8-15, 2010.
(pdf) (with Jean-François Cordeau and Gilbert Laporte)
The counting complexity of a simple scheduling problem. Operations Research Letters, 37:365-367, 2009.
Counting feasible solutions of the Traveling Salesman Problem with Pickups and Deliveries is #P-complete. Discrete Applied Mathematics, 157:2541-2547, 2009.
(with Gena Hahn)
Static pickup and delivery problems: A classification scheme and survey.
TOP, 15:1-31, 2007.
(with Jean-François Cordeau, Irina Gribkovskaia, and Gilbert Laporte)
- Simulación del sistema eléctrico de la misión satelital SAOCOM,
Avances en Energías Renovables y Medio Ambiente, vol 7, 32-35, 2003. (with Diego Fernandez Slezak, Julio Durán and Elena Godfrin)
Publications in refereed conference proceedings (not appearing above)
- Taming the Unpredictability of Cultural Markets with Social
Influence. Proceedings of the 26th International World Wide Web Conference (WWW), pages 745-754, 2017 (pdf)
(with Andrés Abeliuk, Pascal Van Hentenryck, Tad Hogg and Kristina Lerman)
- Asymptotic Optimality of Myopic Optimization in Trial-Offer Markets with Social Influence. Proceedings of the 25th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI) 2016, pages 2458-2464
(with Andrés Abeliuk, Felipe Maldonado and Pascal Van Hentenryck)
- Interdependent Scheduling Games. Proceedings of the 25th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI) 2016, pages 2-9
(with A. Abeliuk, H. Aziz, G. Berbeglia, S. Gaspers, P. Kalina, N. Mattei, D. Peters, P. Stursberg, P. Van Hentenryck and T. Walsh)
- Aligning Popularity and Quality in Online Cultural Markets. Proceedings of the 10th International AAAI Conference on Web and Social Media (ICWSM), 2016 pages 398-407
(with Pascal Van Hentenryck, Andrés Abeliuk, Franco Berbeglia and Felipe Maldonado)